Honors and Awards 2004
Laboratory for Aerochemistry and Combustion:
- Prof. Boulouchos has been appointed
to the advisory board of the Institute of Vehicle Technology of
"Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt DLR, Stuttgart."
- Duals Center of Mechanics:
- Prof. Dual has been elected Fellow of the ASME (American Society of Mechanical
- Albrecht Haake has been awarded the RWB Stephens Student Prize at the UI'03: Ultrasonics
- Ermanni's Center of Structure Technologies:
- Daniela Suppiger received
the SAMPE Schweiz Student Award im Rahmen der zweiten Technischen
Konferenz der SAMPE (Society for the Advancement of Material and
- Kröger's Laboratory for Nuclear Systems:
- Prof. Kröger was nominated an honorary member by the Swiss Nuclear Society (SGK).
- Mazza's Center of Mechanics:
- Davide Valtorta received the MICCAI
2004 NDI Student Award at the 7th International Conference on Medical
Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention, St. Malo, France,
- Müllers' Institute for Biomechanics:
- Thomas Müller, Ph.d. student at the Institute of Biomedical Engineering has been awarded the annual student award of the Swiss Society for Biomedical
Engineering for his diploma thesis at D-MAVT.
- Nelson’s Multiscale Robotics Laboratory:
- Prof. Nelson has been awarded
the Best Conference Paper Award at the IEEE 2004 on the occasion of the
International Conference on Robotics and Automation.
- Prof. Nelson has been awarded the title IEEE Robotics & Automation Society
Distinguished Lecturer 2004-2005, after being awarded the McKnight
Presidential Fellows Award 2002-2005 in 2002.
- Panke's Institute of Process Engineering:
- Prof. Panke received the DSM-Research Prize.
- Poulikakos' Laboratory of Thermodynamics in Emerging
- Stephan Senn, Ph.d. student at LTNT/IET has been awarded the 2004 Best Student Paper Award of the ASME Advanced Energy
Systems Division (Systems Analysis Technical Committee).
- Prof. Poulikakos has been invited as the Hawkins Memorial Lecturer for the year 2004 by
the Purdue University, West Lafayette (USA).
- Pratsinis’ Particle Technology Laboratory:
- Dr. Stavros Tsantilis received the Best Poster Prize at the International Congress PARTEC2004,
Nuremberg, Germany, March 2004.
- Prof. Pratsinis has been honored with the Thomas Baron Award of the American Institute of
Chemical Engineers in San Francisco.
- PD Dr. Lutz Mädler has been selected the winner of the 2004 BASF Award in Process Engineering.
- Rudolf von Rohr's Transport Processes and Reactions Laboratory:
- Adrian Spillmann and Nicola Forrer, both Ph.D. students of the
Departments MAVT and CHAB have been awarded by the Swiss Society for Process and Chemical Engineering (SVGC)
for their diploma work.
- Steinfeld’s Renewable Energy Laboratory:
- Prof. Steinfeld received the Best Paper Award, at the ASME International Solar
Engineering Conference (co-authors: Dahl, Weimer, Z'Graggen).
- Stemmer's Nanotechnology Group:
- Dr. Georg Schitter received
the "Forschungspreis für Nanowissenschaften und Nanotechnologien des
Landes Steiermark 2004 - Nachwuchsförderung" for his doctoral thesis at
the Professur für Nanotechnik.
Completeness is not claimed.