Honors and Awards 2008
Mazzotti's team made the cover page
September 2008, Crystal Growth & Design
- Boulouchos’ Laboratory for Aerochemistry and Combustion:
- G. Pizza made the cover page of the October issue of Combustion and Flame (Vol. 155, Issues 1-2)
- Dr. S. Chikatamarla received the 2008 MAVT Silver Medal for outstanding dissertation.
- D'Andrea´s Measurement and Control Laboratory:
- Raff D‘Andrea won the
IEEE/IFR Invention and Entrepreneurship Award with KIVA Systems.
- Dual's Center for Mechanics:
- Dr. R. Steffanelli and Dr. E. Cataldi PhD students of Jürg Dual and Christoph Glocker received the "Goldene Schiene" for their PhD thesis from GDI (Gesellschaft der Ingenieure des öffentlichen Verkehrs)
- Jürg Dual was elected to the
Swiss Academy of Engineering joining there Abhari, Kroeger, Poulikakos, Rudolph von
Rohr and Siegwart.
Jürg Dual was elected
president of HV (Hochschulversammlung) of ETH
- Guzzella's Measurement and Control Laboratory:
- Team of Lino Guzzella with students of Hochschule Luzern won the Formula-Hybrid in Italy.
Guzzella won the IEEE Multi-conference Award on Systems and Control
Industry for Excellence in Translational Control Research.
- Hierold's Group of Micro and Nanosystems:
- Daniel Bechstein, MSc student, received the ETH Excellence Scholarship and Opportunity Award 2008.
- Koumoutsakos' Computational Science Lab:
- Dr. M. Bergdorf received the 2008 MAVT Silver Medal for outstanding dissertation.
- Kröger's Laboratory for Nuclear Systems:
- M. Kaegi, Ph.D student, received the „venture-kick-Preis (Stufe 1)“ for his business idea.
- Mazzotti's Separation Processes Laboratory:
- M. Kempkes won the first poster prize in the Industrial Crystallization mtg. in Maastricht
Marco Mazzotti gave a
keynote lecture @ 17th International Symposium on Industrial Crystallization in
- Müllers' Institute for Biomechanics:
- Romain Voide received the 2008 Raisz-Dreszner Award for his article in the Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
- Prof. Ralph Müller was elected
President of the European Society of Biomechanics at the society's
biennial meeting in Lucerne.
- Ph. Schneider received the Student Award from the European Society of Biomechanics. The prize is given away every two years to the first ranked abstract and presentation of a doctoral student.
- Nelson's Multiscale and Robotics Lab:
- Ashish Kumar Cherukuri, MSc student, received the ETH Excellence Scholarship and Opportunity Award 2008.
- Poulikakos' Laboratory of Thermodynamics in Emerging Technologies:
- Dimos Poulikakos was elected to the Swiss Academy joining there Kroger, Siegwart, Rudolph von Rohr and Abhari.
- Pratsinis' Particle Technology Laboratory:
- Dr. A. Teleki received the 2008 MAVT Silver Medal for outstanding dissertation.
- Sotiris Pratsinis gave a
plenary lecture at the International Aerosol Symposium for the 25th anniversary
of the Japan Association of Aerosol Science and Technology in Kanazawa,
Japan (450 participants).
- Dr. R. Strobel received the 2008 Sheldon K. Friedlander Award from the American Association for Aerosol Research
Dr. A. Teleki made the cover page of the August 14, 2008 issue of the Journal of Materials Chemistry.
- Sotiris Pratsinis gave the 2008 Phil Morrison Lecture at the Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, USA.
- Emeritus Prof. L. Reh received a 2008 Friendship Award from China.
- Rösgen's Experimental Fluid Dynamics Lab:
- Dr. J. Sznitman received the 2008 MAVT Silver Medal for outstanding dissertation.
- Riener's Sensory Motor Systems Laboratory:
Duschau-Wicke received the AUTOMED award for his presentation "Path
Control: A Strategy for Patient-Cooperative Training of Gait Timing".
- Dr. T. Nef was elected Assist. Professor at the Catholic University at Washington D.C.
- Rudolf von Rohr's Transport Processes and Reactions Laboratory:
- Dr. S. Kuhn received the 2008 MAVT Silver Medal for outstanding dissertation.
- Daniel Sutter received for his
studies the ETH Excellence Scholarship and Opportunity Award 2008.
Christian Roth received for his Master thesis the first prize by the
Swiss Society for Chemical Engineering that gives 3 such prizes every year to ETH/FH engineers.
- Siegwart's Autonomous Systems Laboratory:
Roland Siegwart gave the keynote
lecture at the TAROS - Towards Autonomous Robotic Systems in Edinburgh
and at the 10th International Conference on Intelligent Autonomous
(IAS-10) in Baden-Baden.
- Roland Siegwart has been elected to the SNF Forschungsrat "Abteilung
IV" (NCCR and similar type of projects) from Januar 1, 2009.
The Skysailor from ASL
completed a 27 hr autonomous flight!
- Roland Siegwart was elected IEEE Fellow for his contributions to mobile, networked, and micro-scale robots.
- Steinfeld's Professorship in Renewable Energy Carriers:
- Michael Krüsi, MSc student, received the ETH Excellence Scholarship and Opportunity Award 2008.
- Dr. W. Lipinski was elected Assist. Professor at the University of Minnesota.
- Stemmer's Nanotechnology Group:
- Dr. M. Aschwanden received the 2008 MAVT Silver Medal for outstanding dissertation.
- Wegener's Institute of Machine Tools and Manufacturing:
- Michael Daiber, MSc student, received for his excellent Masterthesis the ETH Medaille 2008.
- Maria Tarcsay, MSc student,
was awarded with the Dyson Award 2008 for the student project
(together with Marco Stoffel and Christian Looser).
- Dr. Bernhard Ulrich Bringmann was awarded the HILTI-Prize 2008 for his excellent
Diese Website wird in älteren Versionen von Netscape ohne
graphische Elemente dargestellt. Die Funktionalität der
Website ist aber trotzdem gewährleistet. Wenn Sie diese
Website regelmässig benutzen, empfehlen wir Ihnen, auf
Ihrem Computer einen aktuellen Browser zu installieren. Weitere
Informationen finden Sie auf
The content in this site is accessible to any browser or
Internet device, however, some graphics will display correctly
only in the newer versions of Netscape. To get the most out of
our site we suggest you upgrade to a newer browser.