Honors and Awards 2009
Müller's team made the cover page
May 2009, JBMR (The Journal of Bone and Mineral Research)
Poulikakos' team made the cover page
February 2009, Journal of Biomechanical Engineering
Nelson's team made the cover page
2009 Nano Today
- Abhari’s Laboratory for Energy Conversion:
- Matthias Brunner has won the Thermofluids Group of IMechE of the Thermofluids Group of IMechE for the best contribution in the Thermofluids field.
- Prof. R. S. Abhari will receive the ASME Turbo Expo 2008 Best Paper Award for his paper from the Structures & Dynamics Committee.
- Prof. R. S. Abhari won the Award for Outstanding Paper in Fluid Mechanics for 2008 for his paper in "Measurement Science and Technology, Volume 19, Issue 11 (2008)".
- D'Andrea's Institute for Dynamic Systems and Control:
- Dual's Center for Mechanics:
- Dr. R. Steffanelli and Dr. E. Cataldi from Prof. J. Dual's and Prof. Ch. Glocker's team received the "Goldene Schiene" 2008 for their PhD research.
- Prof. J. Dual was elected to the Swiss Academy of Engineering joining there Abhari, Kroeger, Poulikakos, Rudolph von Rohr and Siegwart, 2008.
- Ermanni's Center of Structure Technologies:
- Prof. P. Ermanni held a plenary presentation at 16th SPIE Annual International Symposium from 9-12 March 2009 in San Diego, USA; Handout.
- Glocker's Center for Mechanics
- Guzzella's Institute for Dynamic Systems and Control:
- Hierold's Professorship in Micro and Nanosystems:
- Dr. Silvan Schmid was awarded the ETH Medal 2009 for his outstanding doctoral thesis "Electrostatically Actuated All-Polymer Microbeam Resonators - Characterization and Application" under the supervision of Prof. Ch. Hierold.
- Dr. Wulf Glatz (former PhD student of Prof. Ch. Hierold) received the swisselectric research award 2009 for his PhD research.
- Prof. Ch. Hierold has been elected as individual member to the Swiss Academy of Engineering Sciences.
- Hora's Institute of Virtual Manufacturing:
- Prof. P. Hora gave a keynote lecture at the Plasticity '09-Conference, January 3rd till 8th, 2009, USA.
- Mazzotti's Separation Processes Laboratory:
- Dr. Christian Lindenberg was awarded the ETH Medal 2009 for his outstanding doctoral thesis "Optimizing the Precipitation of Organic Compounds" under the supervision of Prof. M. Mazzotti.
- Prof. Dr. M. Mazzotti won a Goldene Eule 2008 for his teaching at ETH Zurich.
- M. Kempkes from Prof. M. Mazzotti's team won the first poster prize in Industrial Crystallization.
- Prof. M. Mazzotti gave a keynote lecture at the 17th International Symposium on Industrial Crystallization in Maastricht, Netherlands, 2008.
- Müllers' Institute for Biomechanics:
- Nelson's Multiscale and Robotics Lab:
- Prof. B. Nelson's team won the Best Student Paper Award and the Best Automation Paper Award at ICRA 2009 for their paper.
- Poulikakos' Laboratory of Thermodynamics in Emerging Technologies:
- Pratsinis' Particle Technology Laboratory:
- Prof. S.E. Pratsinis was awarded with the ERC Advanced Investigator Grant from the European Research Council for his project "Flame Aerosol Reactors for Manufacturing of Surface-Functionalized Nanoscale Materials and Devices".
- Oliver Waser and Robert Büchel from Prof. Pratsinis' team won the best poster award for aerosol-based nanotechnology at the 2009 European Aerosol Conference in Karlsruhe, a 760-attendee congress.
- Prof. PD Lutz Mädler (currently at U. Bremen) who served as Oberassistant (1999-2005) in Prof. Pratsinis' team won the 2009 Dechema Max Bouchner Prize for his nanomaterials research.
- Dr. Alexandra Teleki from Prof. S. Pratsinis' team received the first prize in the 2009 DSM Science & Technology Awards (South: Germany, Austria, Switzerland & France) for her PhD research.
- Prof. em. L. Reh received a 2008 International Cooperation in Science and Technology Award from P.R. China.
- Dr. R. Strobel from Prof. S. Pratsinis' team received the Sheldon K. Friedlander Award for his PhD.
- Emeritus Prof. L. Reh, (predecessor of Prof. S. Pratsinis) received a 2008 Friendship Award from China.
- Riener's Sensory Motor Systems Laboratory:
- Dr. T. Nef has been awarded the ABB Forschungspreis 2009 for his doctoral thesis about the arm rehabilitation roboter ARMin.
- Ningbo Yu from Prof. Riener's team received the "2008 Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Students Abroad" from the China Scholarship Council.
- Heike Vallery from Prof. Riener's team received the Best Presentation Award at the IEEE 11th International Conference on Rehabilitation Robotics (ICORR) in Kyoto, Japan for her presentation.
- Dr. T. Nef from Prof. R. Riener's team received the Hans-Eggenberger-Preis for his Dissertation.
- A. Duschau-Wicke from Prof. R. Riener's team received the AUTOMED Award for a conference paper.
- Rösgen's Experimental Fluid Dynamics Lab:
- Dr. S. Schlamp from Prof. T. Rösgen's team received the Atomic Spectroscopy Award for an article.
- Rudolf von Rohr's Transport Processes and Reactions Laboratory:
- C. Roth from Rudolf von Rohr's team won the 2008 Swiss Society for Chemical Engineering first prize for his MS thesis.
- Siegwart's Autonomous Systems Laboratory:
- Snedeker's Institute for Biomechanics:
- Steinfeld's Professorship in Renewable Energy Carriers:
- Prof. A. Steinfeld received the "2008 ASME Yellott Award" for outstanding contributions to solar energy research & education.
- Jan Wurzbacher received the 2009 ETH Medal for his MSc thesis entitled “A non-stationary solar thermal power cycle”.
- Dr. Andreas Z’Graggen received the 2009 HILTI Award to for his PhD thesis entitled "Solar Gasification of Carbonaceous Materials - Reactor Design. Modeling, and Experimentation".
- Philipp Good received the 2009 ETH Excellence Scholarship Award to investigate solar water desalination.
- The ETH Spin-off compliant concept was awarded the Heuberger Jungunternehmerpreis.
- The ETH Spin-off FemtoTools GmbH was selected as one of the three winners of the 2009 Swiss Technology Award (3rd place).
Diese Website wird in älteren Versionen von Netscape ohne
graphische Elemente dargestellt. Die Funktionalität der
Website ist aber trotzdem gewährleistet. Wenn Sie diese
Website regelmässig benutzen, empfehlen wir Ihnen, auf
Ihrem Computer einen aktuellen Browser zu installieren. Weitere
Informationen finden Sie auf
The content in this site is accessible to any browser or
Internet device, however, some graphics will display correctly
only in the newer versions of Netscape. To get the most out of
our site we suggest you upgrade to a newer browser.